Effective Date: April 1, 2022
Information We Collect
We collect the following information when you access our Services or engage with us:
- Information you provide to us directly, such as when you register for an account on the Services or fill out our Contact Form:
- Contact Information, including name, organization, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Account credentials.
- Health information and other information you provide when you inquire about or participate in the My DIPG Navigator program.
- Correspondence you send to us, including questions, testimonials, comments, and suggestions.
- Information concerning how you heard about ChadTough and your interest in the organization.
- Information about your communications preferences.
- Information we collect automatically. As part of a standard procedure for using log files, we collect internet, electronic activity, and other information automatically when you visit our website, including your device type; Internet protocol (IP) address; device and advertising identifiers; browser type and version; operating system and platform; Internet service provider; the date and time of your visit; information about the links you click and pages you view; the technology on the devices you use to access our website; and standard server log information.
We also may collect non-personal information from other sources and combine, link, or aggregate it with the data we have collected about you through the Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use and otherwise process the information identified above for the following business purposes:
- to provide and maintain our Services as well as to understand and analyze how you use it;
- to improve and expand our Services and to ensure that content is presented in the most relevant and effective manner for you and for your device, including troubleshooting, data analytics, testing, research, and statistical and survey purposes;
- to connect individuals with supportive services, treatment providers, and other resources through the My DIPG Navigator program;
- to develop new products, Services, features, and functionality;
- to communicate with you, either directly or on a third party’s behalf, including to respond to your inquiries, for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website and My DIPG Navigator, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- to keep our Services, business and users safe and secure, to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and to protect or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
- for any other purpose that we may notify to you from time to time.
Disclosure of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that provide services to us for a variety of business purposes, such as customer service, email deployment, advertising and marketing, security and performance monitoring, maintaining or servicing accounts, and processing or fulfilling orders and transactions. These third parties collect, use, and access your data to perform their functions, and we may allow them to use information about you for their own purposes in accordance with applicable law.
- Corporate affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, initial public offering, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries (including those by the Internal Revenue Service and other appropriate taxing authorities), and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of ChadTough, or the public.
- With your consent or direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction, such as when you participate in the My DIPG Navigator program.
ChadTough abides by the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Donor Bill of Rights. We may collect and maintain certain additional information about you in connection with our donation activities. For example, when you make a donation, we collect additional contact information in connection with processing your donation and gift information, including the size and frequency of donations and information about the nature and circumstances of the donation. To process your donation, we use payment services with strong security platforms.
When you select to make a donation “in honor of” or “in memory of” someone, we will share your name and contact information with their family unless you have indicated you wish to make an anonymous donation. We also collaborate on fundraising with families with children who have battled pediatric brain cancer (“Family Partners”). If you make a donation “in honor of” or “in memory of” the child of a Family Partner, we will share the amount of your donation with the Family Partner unless you have indicated a preference to keep the amount anonymous.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some mobile and web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
Your Rights and Choices
Access, Deletion, and Similar Rights. You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to object to or request restriction of processing of your information, and to request access to, rectification, deletion, and portability of your information or more information about our information practices. Requests should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, as set out below. If you become aware of changes or inaccuracies in your information, you should inform us of such changes so that the information may be updated or corrected. We may verify your request, such as by requesting additional information from you. You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to submit a request through an authorized agent.
E-mail Marketing Communications. We may use your information to send you direct marketing and promotional materials relating to our organization or related products (including by email) on our or a third party’s behalf. For example, we might send you information about upcoming events. If you do not want us to use your information in this way please let us know using the contact information below.
Cookie Preferences. In addition, you may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Some browsers have options that allow the visitor to control whether the browser will accept cookies, reject cookies, or notify the visitor each time a cookie is sent. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you and any differences in service are related to the data. Deleting cookies may in some cases cancel the opt out selection in your browser
You also may be able to control our collection and use of your location information through your mobile device or app settings.
We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.